WRAP-UP Next 0270-FD - VX Concept Carbon Main Chassis + VX-Dock Bolt-On Package for YD-2 - Black
WRAP-UP Next - 0270-FD - VX Concept Carbon Main Chassis + VX-Dock Bolt-On Package for YD-2 - Black
The WRAP-UP Next famous VX-Dock slide rack steering unit is now available in a bolt on package for the Yokomo YD-2!
The VX-Dock originally was used as an option part for the Yokomo Drift Package. And later became the standard parts for the Wrap-Up Nexta NERVIS and MR-D chassis.
But WRAP-UP Next made the VX-Dock ready for the Yokomo YD-2 RWD Chassis. This is achieve by the Bolt-On Package. The Bolt-On Package can be used on both the YD-2 plastic chassis and the YD-2 Carbon chassis. The kit comes with an 2.0mm carbon upper deck and an aluminium upper deck mount.
The WRAP-UP Next VX-Dock is a unique designed steering unit. The unit replaces the standard front bulkhead; front shock tower and also the steering set. The servo is placed inside the center of the front bulkhead. These give you the benefit of direct linkage. It creates super smooth movements and also a easy to adjust Ackermann settings special for RWD.
The Bolt-On Package is available in 3 versions:
- 0268-FD - VX-Dock Bolt-On Package and Black VX-Dock steering unit.
- 0269-FD - VX-Dock Bolt-On Package without VX-Dock steering unit for those who already own the VX-Dock or want to use a different collor option for the VX-Dock.
- 0270-FD - 0268-FD - VX-Dock Bolt-On Package and Black VX-Dock steering unit and 0271-FD - VX Concept Carbon Main Chassis for YD-2. So basically the full set!
Special WRAP-UP Next VX concept carbon main chassis special for the Yokomo YD-2 gives you unlimited options for layout. Its both super functional and also very nice looking.
The VX concept main chassis is made of the WRAP-UP Next signature 2.5 mm twill weave carbon with matt finish. This give you a premium look.
The VX concept main chassis is compatible with all the standard YD-2 kit specification items like the front bulk head; servo mount; steering link and suspension mounts.
But off-course its a perfect match for the VX-Dock because of the newly added mounting holes. The VX-Dock can be mounted without using the mount posts, which were used for bolt-on package. The mount posts still can be added to adjust the stiffness of the chassis in the front area.
The VX Concept main chassis excels in terms of the battery position options. You have many different positions and battery mount options you can use:
- 2 options for the original kit battery holder
- 2 options in front and 2 options in read with the DRB-118L shorty LiPo holder
- 3 options in rear with the optional WRAP-UP Next 0272-FD battery holder
The VX concept main chassis can be used with the standard YD-2 suspension mounts. It also offers pre pre-drilled mounting holes to use the Drift Package suspension mounts if you prefer.Recommendeded parts:
- WRAP-UP Next Kondo Custom HD Upper A-Arm Ver. 2
- WRAP-UP Next Long Adjustable Servo Horn
Package content and installation guide:
This pictures shows you the assembly and contents of the 0268-FD - VX-Dock Bolt-On Package and Black VX-Dock steering unit.
- 1x VX-Dock Steering Unit
- 1x VX-Dock Steering Unit assembly manual
- 1x Upper Deck for VX Dock Bolt-On Package
- 1x Screw bag and top deck support
Chassis comparison / battery locations options:
The WRAP-UP Next VX concept carbon main chassis has all the holes of the standard YD-2 or YD-2 PLUS chassis. So you can fit all the original parts and Yokomo original options without any problem.
But in addition the WRAP-UP Next VX concept carbon main chassis has many extra holes to fine-tune the battery location.
The the Yokomo - DRB-118L - Short Size Li-po Battery Holder you have 4 options. 2 option in front position and 2 options in rear postition:
You can even try to use the WRAP-UP Next - 0151-FD - Aluminium Battery Holder. But the space is limited than. So its not advised: